Happy December, beauties! You know what this means: Beauty Blogmas 2015 has offically started here on Makeup By Makena! I thought doing the December Tag would be the perfect way to start off, so let’s hop right into it!
- What do you love most about December? Well, Christmas, of course! I love the special time I get to spend with all of my family and close friends and I also really enjoy the overall Christmasy warm fuzzy holiday spirit that I officially get starting today! Oh, plus the Christmas music on the way to school every morning!
- What is your favorite perfume to wear with the holidays? I absolutely love Pink Sugar because it’s has an amazingly warm cotton candy scent with vanilla and caramel! Personally, I don’t really use it for summer since its so sweet and warm, but I love it for winter and it just screams Christmas to me. If you love sweet scents, I cannot encourage you enough to try this out! If you’re on a budget, I’d reccommend the Hair Perfume because it’s cheaper than the regular spray and lasts a long time, just like a normal fragrance mist!
- Which 3 products can’t you live without this December? I defintely can’t live without my go-to face moisturizer, my favorite lip moisturizing products, and my favorite makeup products like foundation, blush, mascara, and my winter lip colors! I will definitely be doing a post on my winter beauty essentials during my Beauty Blogmas, so stay tuned!
- What is your go-to look this month? Winged liner? Red lips? Tell us! I love some good liquid liner during the winter, a nice pop of blush to add some color to my face, and a lovely lip color! I will also try to do several winter and holiday themed looks during Blogmas, so I would love some specific suggestions and requests!
- What is your most favorite glittery product? It can be anything! Even though some people prefer mattes in the winter, I can’t get enough of shimmery eyeshadows during the holidays! I love the L’Oreal Infallable 24-Hour Eyeshadows, Too Faced eyeshadows, Urban Decay eyeshadows, and NYX eyeshadows because their glittery formulas are all amazing and they have a great assortment of neutral colors!
- Describe your favorite ornament from your Christmas Tree! I love helping to decorate our family Christmas tree and some of my favorite ornaments are a mini silver Eiffel Tower that our family friend gave me before my trip to Paris last year, a high heel ornament that my grandma got me, and an adorable pink and green elephant ornament!
- Which candy are you going to eat too much of this month? Mmmmm! Every year my grandma makes her famous Christmas candy including her delicious fudge with walnuts and her almond roca that is to die for! I get to help her, which means that I also get to lick the spoon and sometimes all the bowls! I may be 16, but sometimes I still act like I’m five!
- What is your favorite December/Holiday related movie or TV show to watch? Every december, my parents and I watch the Christmas movies on Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas every night! Some of them are kind of dumb and overly cheesy to be honest, but others are heartfelt, christmasy, and amazing! Some of my favorites are Home Alone (which still makes me crack up every time), A Very Brady Christmas (which my Dad makes me watch every year), and all the Dolly Parton Christmas specials and movies she has done over the years. By the way, make sure you watch Dolly Parton’s new autobiographical movie, Coat of Many Colors, December 10th on NBC! And no, I am not being paid to say that! I just felt I should since I’ve already watched the preview for it literally ten times since she relesed it! It’s soooo good, please watch it! For me!
- What do you really hope Santa has wrapped in a present for you this year? Makeup! As, I’ve already mentioned and will continue to mention throughout Blogmas, Too Faced’s “I Will Always Love You” blush (yes, it’s named after my favorite person’s most famous song, I know), Becca’s “Champagne Pop” that Jaclyn Hill made, and many more other luxuries are at the top of my list!
- The holidays are all about sharing the love, who do you want to give a shout-out and why? Honestly, I really just want to express my appreciation for each and every one of my followers! If it weren’t for you amazing individuals, I would not have the opportunity to participate in Blogmas for my very first time on my very own beauty blog hanging out with all of you! Thanks and I love you! You know I do!
Hope you liked hearing a little bit about my favorite parts of December and I tag you to do the December Tag as well!
Connect With Me: