I hope you had a beautiful May and are having a wonderful June so far. If you would like to know which makeup products I have been loving lately, then please continue reading. Each of the products are effortless and easy-to-use, yet pull any look together in a flash!
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Leather 24HR Eyeshadow in “Chocolate Suede”: For days when I did not have enough time or energy to do a complete eye look, but still wanted to look and feel put together, this slightly shimmery dark brown was perfect. I almost decluttered this since it is way too dark for me to use as a cream eyeshadow, but then I realized it makes the perfect dark brown eyeliner. I love to do a very sharp and thin winged liner look with this, and then smudge it out with a q-tip and top off with lots of mascara for an effortless yet edgy look!
- Maybelline Color Whisper in “Mocha Muse”: This sheer and moisturizing tinted lip balm is ideal for school mornings because it is quick to apply, comfortable on the lips, and has a fresh wash of color! This one is a nude with warm mauve undertones, great for more medium skin. Maybelline is honestly a beauty blogger’s worst nightmare because they always discontinue their products, but if you cannot find this, L’Oreal also makes very similar Colour Riche Lip Balms.
- BareMinerals Faux Tan All-Over Face Color: I have loved this bronzer for so long, but I ‘rediscovered’ this just in time for Summer. The loose powder formula blends so easily and a little goes a very long way. What makes this so special is that the deep matte brown color has very red undertones, which instantly warms the complexion and truly mimics the way my skin naturally tans in the sun! The only thing I do not like about this product is that, even though this shade is perfect for me, it definitely will not suit lighter or more cool-toned skin, so I really wish they would expand their shade range so more people can enjoy it.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Liquid Highlighter in “Opal”: The only time I have ever exchanged my Sephora points for a free sample was for this travel-sized liquid highlighter. Unlike BECCA’s pressed highlighters, this formula has no visible shimmer in it, which is perfect for a more natural daytime look! It works beautifully on bare skin or mixed in with foundation, but I also enjoy popping it all over my cheekbones and even the apples of my cheeks for a healthy glow. It never accentuates any of my blemishes, so I can always count on it for special events like graduation.
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in “St.-Paul-de-Vence”: For such a tiny product, this really is the most versatile eyeshadow ever; between the warm matte brown transition shade and the shimmery peach shade, countless looks can be created. You can simply pat the left shade all over the lid and dust the right shade in the crease, or you combine this with other shadows to make the most gorgeous photo-ready look for summer! For hooded eyes, a defined crease and a pop of color above the crease makes the biggest difference, and I can’t recommend this duo enough!
What were your favorite makeup products in May?