This month, my makeup routine has been more simple and natural-looking, and I have been incorporating more multi-purpose products into my daily routine. Keep reading to learn what I love about my top five favorite makeup items from August!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara: After hearing so many amazing things about this mascara, I tried it out for the first time this month and was not disappointed. I love the Benefit Rollerlash Mascara for everyday use because it is very lengthening and curls my lashes perfectly, and although I do like that one a little better because the formula is not as thick and clumpy, I found this one to be a great alternative! I love applying mascara to the tops of my lashes and this wand makes it really convenient to do that because of the shape and the grip. Plus, the packaging is so pretty and elegant!
- Urban Decay “Scratch” Eyeshadow: This came in my Sephora Paint it Pink Value Set, and although this shimmery, cool-toned, pale pink is not my ideal eyeshadow color, I love using it as a blush overlay. First, I apply a matte pink blush like MAC’s “Blushbaby,” and then I use a more fluffy brush to dust this on the apples of my cheeks and my cheekbones to add a really soft and pretty sheen. It blends wonderfully, does not have any chunky glitter, and looks so glowy and polished!
- MAC “Brown Script” Eyeshadow: This is a very warm-toned matte reddish brown color that I have been using almost everyday this past month. I think I have been reaching for it more than usual because my beloved “Soft Brown” is broken, but this is so beautiful blended it out in the crease regardless of whether you are doing an all matte look or a shimmery eyelid! It may look a little intimidating at first, but these types of orangey shades are actually really wearable and can be used in so many different looks. I highly recommend this particular color.
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation: In my Everyday Summer Makeup Routine, I talked a little bit about how much I love cream contouring and this lightweight demi-matte base is perfect for achieving that all-over bronzed look or a more structured contour. I just dab a small amount of this in the hollows of my cheekbones, my jawline, my temples, and the edges of my forehead, and then blend it out with a Beautyblender or a brush. Just make sure to choose a more neutral undertone a few shades darker than you would normally wear.
- Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily Shine Control BB Cream: I have raved about this amazingly versatile product so much on my blog, so I won’t talk too much about it, but overall, it is lightweight, has the perfect buildable coverage, and truly works well for almost any skin type! You can check out my review here!
What was your favorite beauty product in August? I’d love to learn more about you!
Connect With Me: